Saturday, December 22, 2007

WOW!!!

Wow doesn't express my surprise when I went to my local free clinic to have my yearly "women's" exam done. I just turned 36 on the third of this month and figured I should get the exam over with. They asked the standard questions, one of which was when was your last cycle. Well I haven't been "normal" for several years but when I told them when it was they instead that I do a pregnancy test. Well I went in the cup for them, they did the test, and yes it was positive. They told me to get dressed, go home, make some phone calls so I could get into an OB. Well all of this happened on the 12Th of this month. I went and made my calls and was able to get into the doctor yesterday. She figures upon exam that I am around 20 weeks. Needless to say this has been my easiest pregnancy so far. I didn't even suspect anything until around Thanksgiving when I felt the first flutters of life but immediately passed them off as gas. After all I am to old "right". Well I guess not. Needless to say I am excited because this child is a gift from God and I would never turn down one of his gifts. I go in on January 9Th for my ultrasound. I may take my kids with me, I am sure they will want to see once I tell them. I am waiting until Christmas Day. I am going to wrap up some baby stuff and give it to them as a present. I know my daughter will be happy about it, because about a month ago she told me she wanted me to have another baby. I guess she got her wish. I will keep you posted as to their reactions and what happens at my ultrasound. I am not going in to find out the sex on purpose but if the baby reveals it's self that is OK too.

No comments: